Attention all new members, your account has to be validated via email before you have posting privileges. Do note that, the validation email may end up in your spam, junk or trash folders.Dismiss Notice
Terms of Service and Rules
We have implemented the following guidelines for using our community forums. This guide is designed to strike a balance between the main goal of our forums - providing support and upholding the closely-knitted reefing community as well as the self-preservation & interests of this forum and its members. By registering and participating at sgreefers.com, this will bind you to the following agreement. We reserve the rights to modify these rules at any time without giving prior notice.
We require all posts to be positive, constructive, and on topic. We may delete individual posts that could ruin a good topic thread or deemed to be spam posting for the sole purpose of post count accumulation.
This forum exists for the exchange of useful information among hobbyists, and the following sections, SGReef Auction, Marine Galleria and Freshwater Mart are unique privileges for fellow SGReefers who support this forum's mission. If you are not a registered member of SGReefers, you will not be allow to start a selling thread in the aforementioned sections. Additionally, with employment of Xen Central Trading System, we hope to protect members by reducing the numbers of quick-sale scam artists and repeated commercial-only entities who are only interested in making quick bucks out of this forum.
We reserve the rights to remove any topics we deem inappropriate or disruptive to our community. Please note that, from time to time, topics may be removed for being inappropriate even though your individual post in that topic may have been perfectly fine.
We reserve the rights to remove any topics / posting on any remark on any of our sponsors if they requested so. If you wish to make a feedback, please email or send a PM to the vendor directly.
Having fun is good, we like fun. There are several general forums for non-marine related topics. Please keep it positive and polite.
We do not censor opinions or ideas on our SGReefers Clubhouse and Lepak Corner forums but we do take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement.
Racial and political remarks is strongly discouraged here. It will be removed immediately without hesitation and disciplinary actions taken against the offending member.
We will not tolerate any spammers in the forum posting just to gain post counts as there is no reason for a member to warrant this behaviour. If we feel that you are spamming or someone complains to us about you posting rubbish just to gain post, your account might be ban temporary or permanently.
You may not make personal attacks on other users and / or staff members either in public forums or private messages.
You may not use profanity. It is unprofessional and offensive and will not be tolerated. We will employ offensive word filters in place for the most vulgar terms. Circumventing those word filters will result in punitive action.
You may not advertise or promote other companies or their programs. Links promoting other forums or communities may be removed at our sole discretion. Please contact forum admin for more information regarding our sponsorship schemes.
We reserve the right to ban any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community. We will be fair and warning will be issued in most cases.
If you have any issues concerning our services, policies, or staff, please use a personal contact method such as a private message or email to a staff member.
All moderators, administrators, and support staff are highlighted in the SGReefers Team menu tab. We take any complaints seriously and will do our best to address them.
SGReefers Member Rules
1. There will be no excessive use of profanity.
2. There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.
3. There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory.
4. Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
5. Pornography, Warez, or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked in any shape or form.
6. All posts are property of the poster. This forum and all web sites owned in conjunction with this forum have the right to request alteration or deletion of any offensive post. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators deem reasonable.
7. Users may not argue a moderator's decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a moderator must first address the moderator in question via PM. If the problem can not be resolved, then the moderator and user must send their positions to the forum admin. The forum admin will make or change any and/or all final decisions.
8. Pictures may be posted as long as they are not explicit or offensive. If you plan to post more than one image, or the topic is
based on graphics, please link the images rather than screening.
9. Signatures may contain images, but may not be any larger than 300x150. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given, you will be requested by a moderator to resize your image. Please also keep text signatures under 3 lines. Failing to append with a moderator will result in the removal of your signature.
10. Advertising, commercial-related or competing products are all forbidden in any relation to member accounts.
11. Please keep foul language to a minimum, any excessive un-called for language will be removed and you will receive a final warning.
12. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other topics and see where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the wrong forum, it will be moved by a moderator.
13. If a topic is recognized as being posted in the wrong forum, or if the post is a violation of our guidelines then please contact a moderator either via PM or the 'report ' feature; please do not respond publicly to the member - a member of staff will do what is required upon contact. Any person/s who attempt to present themselves as a Moderator by posting negatively to a member's topic (which has been posted in error and requires locking or moving to another forum) will be sent a PM warning and placed into moderation queue upon further actions.
14. Any impersonation of a user from these forums, in any mode of communication, is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning.
15. Linked and locked topics are pruned regularly to reduce page clutter. If you have a question about where your topic went, please PM a Moderator or Administrator before starting a new topic asking where it went, or posting a duplicate of the original topic. We will be happy to provide you with a link to the new location, or a reason of why it was locked and/or removed.
Violation of any of these rules will result in consequences determined on a case-by-case basis.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the email. You may also visit the profile page of your account to opt-out of receiving emails from us and turn off any auto-subscription features.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information).
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
What about the information I post on the site?
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.sgreefers.com
HAPPY REEFING !!