1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention all new members, your account has to be validated via email before you have posting privileges. Do note that, the validation email may end up in your spam, junk or trash folders.
    Dismiss Notice

Marine Tank Setup Competition 2016 (1st - 2nd May)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by sgreefers, Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 100 days old.
  1. Iwarna

Iwarna
    Expand Collapse
    Achilles Tang

52%
    Coral display tAnk

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

James72 likes this.
  2. Iwarna

Iwarna
    Expand Collapse
    Achilles Tang

52%

Hideaki likes this.
  3. youdontknowme

youdontknowme
    Expand Collapse

6%
    Dont like that lah bro. Alot work put into this exhibition leh to expose reefing to none reefer hehehehe

They join hobby, come to SGReefers and we guide them on start up mah. Simce we all very de experienced and friendly. Correct bo?? So far my 2 friend's competition have no casualty from what i know. Only a few tetra fish, which is expected as they reach CF, already half died.
    Corals is opening well and healthy. Most probably thanks to matured siporax hehehe. With the right knowledge, 2days or 3 days or 4 days competition
    , "no problem".

Btw iwarna dt in expo is nice. I like the scape , 3 sided also swee!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

4. Iwarna

Iwarna
    Expand Collapse
    Achilles Tang

52%
    I am not a big fan of marine tank competitions as like agreed with all senior reefers, all great tanks needs lot of patience and learning to build.

However, Marine tank competition creates a kind of synergy where hobbyists, organizers and commercial entities come together without individual different agendas

This kind of events is to create a "show and tell", with other reefers working hard and sharing information on site. The "tell" is much more important than the "show".

Events like this can provide education and create exposure to new hobbyists for this great hobby. Even parents agree it's good to bring kids to events as such that stop them staring at hand phones for a short while!

James72 likes this.
  5. Iwarna

Iwarna
    Expand Collapse
    Achilles Tang

52%
    Coloring contest taken very seriously

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

James72 likes this.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 100 days old.