1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention all new members, your account has to be validated via email before you have posting privileges. Do note that, the validation email may end up in your spam, junk or trash folders.
    Dismiss Notice

My beloved Copperband butterfly fish

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by naughtyfish, Jul 2, 2016.

1. naughtyfish

naughtyfish
    Expand Collapse
    Nudibranch

76%
    I've heard horror stories and how difficult it is to keep this wonderful fish and how difficult it is to get it to feed. I consider myself lucky to have no problem so far( 5months) in my first attempt of keeping a copperband. Just some background info, My copperband is from Australia, not the typical indonesian batam copperbands widely available. My tank has many matured live rocks, and i see the copperband pick on the live rock almost after awhile of introducing it to my tank( yes i didnt quarantine :/) day 1, tried feeding mysis, didnt eat,but still eating from live rock, did not eat until 3 days when i fed henry's reef gourmet infused with aquaforest FishV and garlic oil, i noticed the copperband observed the other fish go into a frenzy eating, then he started to look kan chiong and kia su, and suddenly imitated them to eat, and every since have been the most hungry fish in the tank, it has also become the least shy fish in my tank today, he allows me to touch him ( video below) i hand feed him( video below), he likes to chase the sponge that i use to wipe of some algae on the tank ( video below)

whenever i put my hand in, he likes to come very close as if saying" massage me !" he likes when i touch his belly near the fins area

my copperband fish is also a very curious and naughty fish, there are dog toys and cat toys, i might have just found a toy for my fish, THE SPONGE! he looooooooooves chasing the sponge as you can see from this clip

and he's such a spoilt baby! he prefers to be hand fed!

Copperband O

Funtoast likes this.
  2. aquareef123

aquareef123
    Expand Collapse
    Blotched Anthias

82%
    Good sharing bro. May i know where to buy Australia copperband and how you can distinguish it from the indo version? Does it eat aptasia? Does it touch your lps?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

3. chriscoral

chriscoral
    Expand Collapse
    Royal Gramma

50%
    Is your copperband still around?