1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention all new members, your account has to be validated via email before you have posting privileges. Do note that, the validation email may end up in your spam, junk or trash folders.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Change

Discussion in 'General Reefkeeping' started by Colacoke, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Colacoke

Colacoke
    Expand Collapse
    Nudibranch

2%
    Hi, I just started reefing some time ago and I'm glad to have come across this forum.

Still cycling my tank now. So I'll use this time to ask questions. For water change, how is your routine? When do you prep your water in advance and how do you cool it down to 25-26? A full description for this process would be nice.

Fyi, my tank is a 10 gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. James72

James72
    Expand Collapse
    Clarion Angelfish

9%
    You can't really control the temp unless you water change in aircon environment.

For a tank volume that small, it will be tough to match the parameters. I suggest you premix a 20L pail of rodi/salt with similar salinity with your main tank n keep it in a aircon environment. During wc, just siphon off 30% n scoop from pail to replenish.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Colacoke

Colacoke
    Expand Collapse
    Nudibranch

2%
    Thank you so much, really appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Schwantz

Schwantz
    Expand Collapse
    Royal Gramma

70%
    You can try placing a small cooler pack into the salt mix before adding the water the cool water to your tank. That's how I do it.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk